The Master Scheduler will lead the team in the development, generation and analysis of the master production plan for all Captek Softgel International production sites. The Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring available capacity, short and long-term, and material flow from supply base to support production of both new and existing items. The Master Scheduler will work with internal business partners, including Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Maintenance/ Engineering, Quality, and R & D to develop production plans which meet service objectives, optimize inventory investment, and facilitate efficient utilization of resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, publishes, and maintains the master production schedule, balancing production capacity and inventory levels to achieve company objectives relative to customer service, sales, efficient resource/capacity (labor and equipment utilization), and inventory control. Collaborates with Procurement, Production, Maintenance/Engineering and Quality to finalize the weekly plan.
- Manages material supply demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components based on a master production schedule.
- Works with Sales, Purchasing and Operations teams to develop and manage forecasts for material planning considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, seasonality, new/discontinued items, account promotions, product shelf life and production capacity.
- Monitor and measure actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Identify planning risks and expedite alternative solutions and recommendations to resolve demand/supply and capacity issues ensuring personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Coordinate any master schedule changes in supply and/or demand with planning and appropriate departments to maintain/improve OTD. Primary contact regarding scheduling of shipments; alert management to major swings in demand or capacity impacting delivery schedules.
- Actively participates in preventive maintenance schedules, for coordination with production plans and inventories.
- Propose enhancements current system(s) and business processes to achieve OTD performance target.
- Lead weekly production scheduling meetings to ensure we are set-up for success and locked schedule for seven (7) days.
- Participates or leads cost savings and productivity initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems and Operations Management (SOM), Supply Chain / Production, or Operations Management or minimum of five (5) years of procurement, production planning in a manufacturing environment.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrated competencies in operation of ERP systems and software applications. SYSPRO experience a plus.
- APICS CPIM, CSCP certification, as well as Lean Certification preferred.
- Proven ability to translate business objectives to effective operational plans and successful implementation of such plans.
- High degree of self-reliance required, must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with shifting demands, priorities, and timelines.
- Proven ability to problem solves complex issues that arise from inventory, capacity and/or ERP systems.
- Ability to lead and facilitate priorities and activities across cross functional teams.
- Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel (pivot tables).
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to various types of manufacturing processes and controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build positive work relationships across all cross functional areas.
- Strong quantitative skills, with ability to consolidate complex data and formulate into sound recommendations to drive business decision making.
- Knowledge of FDA, Compliance, GMP guidelines preferred.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
If you are interested in this position, please send résumé to Theresa