Captek Softgel International, Inc., a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements located in Cerritos, CA, is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant.
As the Senior Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for managing the Cost Accounting responsibilities and ensuring accurate and timely financial statements to the Board of Directors, CEO and Department Heads in addition to forecasting and budgeting.
Sound like the right opportunity for you? Then please continue reading…
Who is our ideal candidate?
- You thrive on the details. If you don’t have the details that you need, then you thrive on finding them.
- You know all the questions that need to be asked… and not just the easy stuff.
- You think of stuff that nobody else thinks of.
- You eat, breathe, and sleep process, but are adaptable enough to plot a new course at a moment’s notice if need be.
- You know how to lead, and you know how to empower people to go above and beyond.
- You never wait for somebody to tell you what to do next.
- You’re planning for the worst-case scenario, while knowing how to deliver on time, and on scope.
- You listen as well as you communicate.
- You problem solve in your sleep.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ cost accounting experience
- 10 plus years’ of related accounting experience preferably in a food/drug manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in Private Equity backed Business
- Demonstrated ability in synthesizing information to make critical decisions in a timely manner as well as develop short and long-term plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build positive work relationships across functional lines and to motivate employees.
- Strong financial, business, matrix management, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple products and projects.
- Proven leadership ability and problem-solving skills are a must.
On a day to day basis this person will:
- Oversee the accounting operations of ancillary corporations, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements
- Develop and improve the annual budget process including monthly Departmental reviews
- Manage the daily cash flow
- Oversee the external audits and ensure no material misstatements
- Handle other financial reporting including Board slides, Weekly Flash Reports, Monthly and Annual Financial Package, etc.
- Reviewing the work in process batches for financial accuracy including reviewing the material job issues posted by production, handling the job receipts, job completion, and job closure.
- Posting the encapsulation fee to each job which accounts for the labor and overhead burden.
- Analyze rework jobs and develop an accurate burden Calculation.
- Manually capture gelatin jobs and issue to capsule jobs. Eventually develop a process to have production capture the gelatin raw materials similar to the Weigh and Dispense team.
- Maintaining the sub-ledger activities for Inventory, WIP, and BOM including but not limited to BOM implosions, cost updates, weekly sub-ledger balance postings and GL postings.
- Responsible for analyzing the encapsulation fee for accuracy and updating as necessary until labor rates have been implemented.
- Partnering with the Supply Chain for inventory cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Work closely with Purchasing, QA/QC, Warehouse, and Production to ensure accurate financial statements related to cost of sales and inventory.
- Implement and train the Production Dept on labor capture.
- Work with the Production Dept to create procedures for inventory activity not captured in SYSPO such as mineral oil and printing ink.
- Create processes to capture job waste and material losses.
- Analyze and implement the labor hour rates in production and calculating the labor rate to accurately capture the labor and overhead burden of each production job.
- Provide analytics and reports to the management team on manufacturing costs.
- Assist the Accounting Department in providing accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
If you are interested in this position, please send résumé to Theresa