Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Summary: Responsible for the overall development/management of both new and existing customers. Exhibits the ability to establish/cultivate strong cross-functional relationships across all levels of the organization. Accountable for achieving revenue targets within assigned budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately predict and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue, within assigned budgets.
- Develop and manage strong customer relationships for both new and existing customers.
- Cultivate existing customer relationships, resulting in the development at more senior levels within customer organizations.
- Timely/professional response to inquiries from both current and new/potential customers, including all forms of communication (phone calls, emails, written correspondence, visits, etc.).
- Maintain an intimate understanding of Captek’s capabilities and use that knowledge to leverage customer relationships.
- Generate and manage accurate and profitable quotes for new and existing products.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all projects and agreements made with existing and prospective customers.
- Regularly arrange/conduct face-to-face customer visits, designed to improve relationships, secure additional business, and improve customer’s perception of CAPTEK.
- Using the various tools available, develop, maintain, and enhance sales reporting capabilities that enable the organization to more effectively/efficiently manage the sales function.
- Champion the cross-functional communication process at CAPTEK by leading regularly scheduled meetings, impromptu discussions, and customer conference calls.
- Attend both internal and external training designed to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Participate in local trade shows and conferences as requested.
- Continuously improve product knowledge, communication and selling skills through active participation with Sales, Customer Service, Production and R&D.
- Performs duties as assigned by Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
Qualifications and Education:
- BS/BA in business management or the sciences
- Minimum of 3 years sales/sales management experience in the nutritional ingredient, dietary supplement and/or contract manufacturing industry.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 25% of the time or as necessary
- Strong sales, analytical and customer-relationship management skills
- Adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively handle conflict through proactive action, and direct and timely communication.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.