Buyer works with all functional departments to determine the raw material and components necessary to meet the production schedule, purchases material at lowest possible cost, and maintains adequate levels of raw materials to support efficient plant operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders material to support production for assigned commodities as required by the MRP system. Insures this material is scheduled and delivered to meet the Master Production Schedule (MPS) in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Analyzes firm and forecast demand and develops appropriate procurement plans to improve lead time, reduce cost, and control inventory levels.
- Meet the short, medium, and long-term requirements of the plant.
- Works with Suppliers to expedite and improve delivery performance. Packaging components
- Maintain accurate Purchase Order data in ERP System (SYSPRO).
- Accurately perform numerous transactions in ERP System (SYSPRO).
- Review inventory order patterns and quantities, and recommend actions to improve vendor delivery performance, schedule adherence, and cost savings.
- Work with other departments to reduce the overall delivery/test/release times.
- Maintain open communication and effective working relationships with all departments.
Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Must have minimum Bachelor’s degree, or High School graduate with related experience.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- General proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- A good understanding of using a MRP system
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.