Gelatin Technician I
Gelatin Technician I
Gelatin Tech I will mix formulated material (s) as per procedures and ensures that all batches are made to correct steps and specifications. Also, ensures that consistency and productivity are met on a daily basis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must follows and understands Gelatin Manufacturing Procedures
- Able to operates electric drum lifts, manual drum lifts and pallet jacks
- Responsible for washing small utensil and receivers
- Follows the correct steps to wash melters properly
- Operates floor scale and calculates simple math
- Must be able to comprehends gelatin formulas
- Knows how to process clear gelatin
- Ensures that receivers, drums, and tools are cleaned, sanitized, checked and signed by QA before use
- Checks raw materials and lot number according to batch record and ensures it has a released sticker
- Ensures all raw materials and finished goods are weighed exactly to formula specifications
- Identifies unusual gelatin and communicates issues to Lead and/or Manager
- Ensures finished Gelatin is checked by lead or supervisor prior to discharge including viscosity and air bubbles.
- Communicates and interacts with other departments (Nutrient, Encapsulation, Maintenance, Quality Assurance departments and etc.)
- Executes proper shift change and communicates all information pertaining to the operator’s area of responsibility
- Anticipates and minimizes down time to ensure completion of order in a timely manner
- Assists with janitorial duties in the production area when required
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Ensures that work area is clean and organized at all times
- Communicates solutions and ideas on how to improve department to the department Manager
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Some High school credit and any work experiences
Required Skills / Experience:
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write and speak in simple sentences.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Able to lift up to 25 kg
- Understanding of the Metric System
- Ability to execute simple math and be able to read and comprehend batch record instructions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.