Inspection 2nd Shift
Inspection 2nd Shift
Summary: The Inspection Operator is responsible for inspecting product to meet Captek’s quality standards by manually tray inspecting, operating various inspection/packaging/printing equipment and supporting other areas of production as needed.
Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and batch records to ensure process and specifications are done correctly.
- Follow GDP (Good Documenting Practices) by documenting activities in the batch records, logbooks and all controlled forms in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all safety policy and operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Report any accidents, foul play, and safety issues to Supervisors immediately.
- Adhere to gowning procedure and must wear the required PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Foster a team environment by supporting not only inspection team members but also encapsulation, bottling and other production areas as required by Supervisors.
- Communicate effectively with the team, Lead and Supervisors.
- Good housekeeping practices. Clean and organize work station and work area daily.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment pertaining to SOP’s. This includes trays, bins, utensils and all parts that are used in direct contact with product.
- Visually inspect product on production trays and manually dump product onto to clean bins.
- Clean,program, troubleshoot and safely operate different inspection equipment.
- Clean, program, troubleshoot and safely operate different printing equipment.
- Manually re-spread product onto production trays as needed.
- Manually spread product out of the encapsulation machines tumbler dryers.
- Safely move tray stacks and bins of product to different work stations and staging areas.
- Ensure trays, bins, containers and equipment are labeled accordingly.
- Monitor drying process and ensure that product have met required drying time.
- Perform hardness and conductivity test as needed.
- Provide hands on training to new employees.
- Support continuous improvements by suggesting ideas and changes that will benefit daily processes and procedures.
- Minimum high school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Previous experience working with production equipment preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.