Summary: Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools,levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Obey all safety rules and work in a safe manner
- Follow directions of the supervisor and Facilities Manager
- Complete all necessary paperwork pertaining to this position.
- Inform Supervisor or Manager of any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Plumbing experience
- Welding experience
- Construction principles
- Read and write in English
- Willingness to learn and follow direction
- Good interpersonal skills/ works effectively in teams
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Refrigeration certification is a plus.