Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Summary: Technical Support Support Engineer will assist our Customer Service Team (CST) with customer requests for new products and improving existing products. This position will also diagnose and troubleshoot material and packaging problems to provide technical solutions for resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Analyze data, present/write technical reports and develop design of experiments for new product implementation
- Researches materials, new suppliers, components, parts and competitor products.
- Selects components or functional systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products
- Creates/revises existing/new SOP’s and standards for CST and processes.
- Documents technical knowledge in the form of product, material, and manufacturing specification changes
- Assists in creation of material specifications for new products
- Strong ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical and packaging issues
- Manages automation equipment projects with outside suppliers to meet project scope, cost, and schedule
- Provides mechanical expertise to support daily packaging efforts
- Leads implementation of packaging designs into manufacturing
- Develops protocols and coordinate validation of equipment and processes
- Participates in defining Preventive Maintenance programs for packaging equipment
- Defines specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to CST to ensure their issues are solved
- Investigates opportunities for improvement with internal departments and outside support groups looking specifically to increase accuracy and efficiency with new product development
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Supports new product project teams through project technical feasibility analysis, initiation, planning, execution, and termination, adhering closely to project timeline and budget
- Supports New Product Marketing with technical information to be used marketing of products
- Prioritizes and manages multiple open issues at one time
- Reports progress and status of assigned projects on a timely basis
- BS Degree in Engineering or Sciences or equivalent work experience
Experienced user of MS Office Suite, SPC Software, and CAD.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must have 7+ years New Product experience, preferably in an engineering role, with cGMP experience.
- Strong problem solving, technical writing and statistical analysis skills.
- Exhibits strong process & planning skills.
- Manages projects to deliver results on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.